Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Oooh Floor Transitions are In!

Get this: the company that we bought the laminate flooring for the kitchen from wanted $200 for two transitions. We needed two: one from the kitchen to the dining room and one from the kitchen down to the first step down to the basement. NOT worth $200 of my hard earned money!

So, I asked the carpenter, a wood-working wizard to make them for less than that. And yesterday he came in with these, shown below, for $60!

Over the weekend we cut off part of a shelf in the stairwell to fit over the lovely linoleum on the bottom shelf. I placed a few cute, new baskets there and voila! Transformed!!


Another project over the weekend was to remove all the layers of from the ironing board. This took some time because there were six - yes SIX - previous layers of fabric and padding underneath the gross top one. I think the previous owners just kept adding layers on top of original layers - yuck! (side note, I don't know why the previous line of text is underlined....). The close-up is me pointing to an old nail, 50's era style. I kept one in for good measure.

One of the layers was so old that it was disintegrating in to powder in my fingers. It must have been a foam padding. The bottom most padding looked like it had hairs in it...maybe animal hairs? Did they use that back then??

No comments:

Post a Comment