Thursday, April 16, 2009

The First Sign of Spring

It's spring!! A few weeks ago I was walking behind the garage to check things out and found - gasp! - a rose bush! One thing in the garden I'm going to keep!

So here it is. It's hidden behind some not-worthy-of-keeping bushes, so I didn't bother including them in the picture. AND! There's one in bloom!

It's a gorgeous color - it's orange, yellow and red-ish. Beautiful! And there are more buds, so more blossoms are coming!


Here's a photo of the illustrious granite that is left from the kitchen. The granite guys left it behind the garage for us, which is what I was looking at when I found the rose bush. There's enough to make double vanity for the eventual master bathroom remodel.

I've attempted to cover it with some of the construction plastic that was left, but it seems to have dislodged itself from one end, exposing one side of the remainder of the slab, as you can see. Since it's pretty well hidden from the road, not to mention it weighs a TON, it's safe to say that it's safe where it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment