Monday, March 23, 2009

Furniture!

Here are some views of the furniture we moved in to the living and dining room. All this furniture belonged to my grandparents and I had the good fortune of needing a dining set just at the time when they were needing to purge.

I think the wood of the floors and the colors of the walls ended up going really nicely with the dining room set!

The room looks a little bare without curtains, which are coming next! Unfortunately, the window panes and frames are dirty and moisture has seeped in between the panes, so they're unsightly, especially compared to the newly finished everything else in the room.

Eventually, the windows will get replaced, but in the mean time some nice drapery will cover up the worst of it and finish off the room. As it is now, the room is a bit monochromatic.

Tonight's project was building this new cabinet for the bathroom! I'd envisioned a blue-walled room with white sink, tub, mirror and cabinets, but decided that it would be too bright. So, I got this tall espresso cabinet for the corner and will get the matching half height one to go next to the sink. This was a Target special! You'd never know it by how nice-looking it is. The store didn't have the matching low cabinet, so I'll have to find that on line.

It looks dark in this picture, but it's a very nice brown in person. The brown and blue combination is one of my favorites...and now it's in my bathroom!

This next photo is my lovely pedestal sink (who is missing a drain plug, thanks to the chaos of the remodel) next to the mirror that will hang above it. This mirror was another inheritance from my grandparents and I love it. It didn't have an obvious home in the living/dining room (it resided above the fire place in my last house, which was perfect), so I'd been humming and hawing over where it could go.

Then Pete suggested to put it in the bathroom and it works! The otherwise very linear bathroom will now get a little softness with the round mirror. The gold frame also picks up the brown in the shower tile! This guy will go up in the next couple of days. We've found hammers, so all we need is a nail!

No comments:

Post a Comment